Labrador West Musical Festival
For nearly a decade, the Labrador West Music Festival has fostered growth and development of music, voice and choral speech in Western Labrador. The festival has grown over the years to include more categories and build on the community's enthusiasm and interest in all styles and forms of music.
We are proud to maintain these cornerstone goals of the Labrador West Music Festival:
- Improve music teaching and performance by providing professional assessment
- Increase performance opportunities for local musicians
- Foster a greater appreciation and understanding of music
- Revive interest in choral and instrumental groups such as church and other choirs, bands, orchestras, and other ensembles, and
- Encourage enjoyable participation in musical performance,
The festival is privileged to invite professional adjudicators from across Newfoundland and Labrador and Canada to evaluate the performers. These experienced professionals often provide our performers with encouragement and coaching to help develop their skill and build upon their passion for music.
The 2014 Labrador West Music Festival will take place from April 7 - 12, 2014. Planning for the 2014 festival is underway.